Technology Resources Administrator – Iloura SydneyClose position description
A unique role has opened up within our Sydney studio for a Technology Resources Administrator to ensure that technical resources used by productions – the render farm, network storage, and software licenses – are used efficiently within the studio. We are looking for someone who has experience in render farm management, and will be a resource and guide for productions to ensure their resource use is not excessive. This role reports to the Head of IT.
• Work with the Head of Production to ensure best resource use by productions.
• Monitor render farm usage and work with contacts within a studio’s productions to minimise waste of render farm CPU and RAM by artist jobs.
• Assist in the gathering of data and projecting usage of studio resource from each production.
• Monitor disk space, and help productions adhere to procedures to minimize usage.
• Monitor and project software license usage over time.
• Work with individual artists as required to assist in modifications to workflows to conform to studio best practices.
• Act as a liaison between production coordinators and render farm technicians.
• Help produce and maintain documentation of procedures for best use of resources.
• Work with the Pipeline team to track issues and enhancements to resource management tools and workflows.
• Assist in staff training and production of educational materials.
• Some experience in a professional systems engineering or studio environment is required.
• Knowledge of Linux server desktop environments is necessary; CentOS preferred but not required.
• Comfortable with spreadsheets and forecasting.
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies as they are introduced.
• Ability to solve problems unsupervised and to recommend proactive technical solutions.
• Excellent communication and organisations skill with strong attention to detail.
• Positive attitude combined with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Ability to participate comfortably in meetings, presentations, and training sessions.
• Experience working with Qube and Arsenal render management systems a plus.
Please send your CV and showreel with breakdown via email to:
email@example.com with the subject line:
FIRST NAME_SURNAME – Job title.
Job posted: 16/01/2018