Senior FX TD - SydneyClose position description
Iloura Sydney is looking for a Senior FX TD who has a proven ability to provide technical and artistic leadership for the team. You should be passionate about creating spectacular and convincing special effectsranging from particle simulations, fluid solves to rigid body dynamics and other FX techniques.
Overview of responsibilities
Participate in any early development, testing and R&D required for VFX elements
Provide solutions and alternatives to creative issues keeping within the style and scope of the film.
Lead VFX complexity assessments and work with a range of departments to achieve creative and production goals.
Produce tests and deliver final renders of for assigned shots.
Work in partnership with lighters & compositors to ensure that the VFX elements for shots are delivered to the very highest standard.
Attend daily reviews and briefings and communicate VFX requirements to artists clearly when supervising shots.
Improve your team’s skills through mentorship of skills, process, and technical/artistic techniques.
Stay informed of current technologies and attempt to implement them effectively.
Assist with tool development and provide support and documentation for tools created.
Essential Skill requirements
- Experience in Houdini a must
- Python, C++ Vex a plus
- Experience with renderers PR Man
- Previous experience as a senior leading an
- Thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to FX simulation and animation
- Experience with a Nuke Compositing package
- Shader/plug-in writing a plus
- Good understanding of Shotgun
- Anticipate and trouble shoot technical problems and facilitate solutions
- Ability to work within a style including a style set by another artist/Supervisor
- The ability to think clearly and creatively under pressure.
- Willing to share knowledge and experience with others
Please send your CV and cover letter via email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line:
FIRST NAME_SURNAME – Job title.
Job posted: 22/05/2016