National Head of ProductionClose position description
Iloura is looking for a National Head of Production to join the team. This position will be based in the Melbourne studio with travel to the Sydney studio.
- Oversees the management of all Productions through-out the facilities.
- Working closely with the team of Producers and Supervising Production Manager.
- Assessing production needs and working with the Executive Producer on a project by project basis.
- Working with the Supervising Production Manager to define Production workflow and Shotgun best practices.
- Attends all production & pipeline meetings to allow an overview of each project’s requirements.
- Key point of contact for issues arising within productions, problem solving any issues with Producers, Artist Managers and General Manager where needed.
- Organises and chairs project debriefs, post and/or mid mortems; collates notes, distributes report, makes recommendations and actions outcomes.
- Works closely with the pipeline team to develop efficiencies and tools for Production.
- Works closely with Supervising Production Manager, Recruitment and Artist Manger and Administration Manager in regards to crewing projects.
Executive VFX Production
- Oversight of all Production bids and schedules and the reporting of any concerns/issues.
- Keeping abreast of all project budgets and monitoring and reporting of targets and margins
- Working with production, problem solving any issues as they arise with Producers, Supervising Production Manager, Pipeline, Artist Managers and General Manager.
- Liaise with other studio locations to ascertain resource availability
- VFX Producing as required
- Working with the Head of VFX covering aspects of future strategy and success planning for the studios
- Working with Head of VFX to set financial goals and budgets for the studios
- Meeting regularly with Head of VFX and EMT to monitor studios budgets
- Maintaining and assessing the Financial budgets regularly, raising and addressing any concerns
- Meeting regularly with Producers to monitor current bids and project budgets
- Ensure that the VFX Producers and Management have a weekly report of where each project’s operating margin is sitting
- Responsible for ensuring the correct data is provided for reporting and subsequent reports are produced in a timely manner;
- Weekly Project Report for each live project
- Weekly Bid vs Actual for each live project
- Monthly Utilization Report
- Monthly TOIL Report
- Monthly Payroll Report
- Monthly Leave Report
- Monthly Inter-Company Transfer Report
- Minimum 7 years in VFX Feature Film.
- Proven experience as a Head of Production role or equivalent or other relevant or similar role.
- Thorough understanding of VFX production pipelines and post production in general.
- Thorough understanding of Shotgun, Jira and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential.
- Proven ability to set and maintain budgets.
- Strong scheduling, tracking and resource management skills are essential.
- Experience leading teams.
- An approachable, collaborative and proactive problem solving attitude.
- Ability to self manage, prioritise and work to deadlines.
- Work well within a team environment.
Please send your CV via email to: email@example.com with the subject line: FIRST NAME_SURNAME – HOP
This position is open to international applicants.
Please note that due to the volume of CVs we receive, only shortlisted applicants will be responded to.
Job posted: 12/09/2017